The Scottish Shortbread Competition is a fun addition to the Las Vegas Highland Games! Prepare your favorite traditional or non-traditional shortbread recipe(s) and have your shortbread entries at the Shortbread Tent no later than noon on Sunday, April 30th for judging. Judging takes place at 1:00PM.
NOTE: Professional bakers and/or shortbread merchants are not eligible.
RULES FOR ENTRY:
- Submit six (6) pieces of shortbread (per category) for judging.
- Entries should be on unmarked 7" paper plates, covered with plastic wrap.
- Entries must be submitted between 11:00AM and 12:00PM Sunday, April 30th at the Shortbread Tent.
- Advanced registration fee of $5 per entry or $7 fee for entries submitted on same day of judging must be accompanied by official entry form.
- There are two (2) categories, traditional and non-traditional. You can have entries in both and up to two (2) entries per category.
- Judges for the event are TBA.
- The recipe used must accompany each entry.
- Registration cards will be completed at the time of entry submission.
- Awards will be distributed following the judging at approximately 2:00PM on the Highland Stage.
- Shortbread entries must be prepared in as sanitary a manner as possible.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- All entries become the property of the Las Vegas Highland Games.